What is Academic Probation?
- An undergraduate student will be placed on academic probation if, during any academic
term, the overall GPA or the cumulative CSUSM GPA falls below 2.0 (C average). The
student shall be advised of probation status promptly by email communication from
the Office of the Registrar.
- An undergraduate student shall be removed from academic probation when the overall
GPA and the cumulative CSUSM GPA are both at 2.0 or higher.
If you have been placed on Academic Probation, it should be taken seriously.
国产偷拍视频Think of it as the University’s way of getting your attention with a desired outcome
of helping you focus on improving your academic performance and keeping you moving
towards achieving your goal of graduating. And, there are some very practical steps
you can take right now to begin working towards removing yourself off Academic Probation.
国产偷拍视频Being placed on Academic Probation does not feel good. It can be frustrating, surprising,
and for some, a little embarrassing. But, it is not the end of the World! We hope
you’ll view this as a hurdle you can overcome and realize you have the support to
There are a variety of reasons students find themselves struggling academically.
Here are just a few:
- Not asking for help early
- Procrastination & Disorganization
- Poor Study Skills (time management, test-taking, note-taking, reading, etc.)
- Lack of motivation
- Unsure of major/career path
- Failure to attend classes
- Failure to get academic advising
- Course load
- Not seeking out and following proper campus procedures, policies, and timelines
- Personal issues (emotional, mental, physical, financial, relational, family, health,
- Job-related challenges
- Transitioning to the University setting
GPA: Grade point average
Overall GPA:Transfer coursework and CSUSM coursework
CSUSM GPA:国产偷拍视频 CSUSM coursework only
*If you never take courses at a different institution, your overall GPA and CSUSM
GPA will be identical