How do I get my GI Bill started at CSUSM?
- The first semester you will use your benefits, you will need to turn the following:
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Student Responsibility Agreement
- Please note: DD214 & COE only need to be turned in once
When do I turn in my Student Responsibility Agreement?
- Once you are enrolled in classes.
Can I turn in my Student Responsibility Agreement early? I know will be in classes for the next semester(s).
- No, we will take your SRA only when you are enrolled in classes.
Do I need to turn in the Student Responsibility Agreement every semester?
- Yes, this notifies us that you would like to use your benefits for that semester.
Do I need to turn in a separate Intent Form for each semester?
- Yes, a separate SRA for each term; i.e. one SRA for Winter, one SRA for Spring.
Can I take classes at another college while attending CSUSM & have the GI Bill cover
- Yes, as long as it is part of your degree plan. You will need a Parent Letter.
After you enroll in classes at that school, submit a copy of your class schedule,
along with the contact information of the school to the Epstein Family Veterans Center.
The Epstein Family Veterans Center will then send over a Parent Letter to that school.
Make sure you class schedule for the Parent Letter shows the following information:
- enrollment in class
- number of units
- name of class
It is my last semester and only 2 classes left on my educational plan, is there anything
I can do to be considered for full-time status?
- Yes, you can do what is called a roundout. A roundout allows you to take classes that
are not towards your major to bring you to full-time status your last semester.
Fax: (760) 750-3089
Location: Cougar Central
Craven Hall, 3700-40
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm